LEGEN - wait for it - DARY

Sujets: 298

A fait un don pour tDoE

22 Aôu 2010 15:3622 Aôu 2010 15:36
MessageSujet: Storm Corrosion [Steven Wilson & Mikael Ã…kerfeldt]

Répondre en citant Revenir en haut

via twitter
Citation:
Steven Wilson / Mikael Akerfeldt collaboration working album title is Storm Corrosion. Don't expect any metal on this one.

http://twitter.com/PTOfficial

Dernière édition par Paradoxal Dream le 24 Aôu 2010 17:30, édité 1 fois

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email MSN Messenger
  sculler
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
a monkey on a bike

Sujets: 220

A fait un don pour tDoE

22 Aôu 2010 18:3922 Aôu 2010 18:39
MessageSujet:

ça avance cool icon_smile.gif

http://www.anasazi-prog.com/images/banniere.jpg

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
  mirascheat
Mr Ressources
  Mr Ressources
Mira's family upgraded in v5.0

Sujets: 123

A fait un don pour tDoE

22 Aôu 2010 20:1922 Aôu 2010 20:19
MessageSujet:

icon_mrgreen.gif Wait&See

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
  Rigor Mortis
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Toi aussi, adhère au culte de moi

Sujets: 135

A fait un don pour tDoE

23 Aôu 2010 06:2023 Aôu 2010 06:20
MessageSujet:

pas de Portnoy ?

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email MSN Messenger
  Arnooobooosist
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
la bise

Sujets: 32

A fait un don pour tDoE

23 Aôu 2010 10:1223 Aôu 2010 10:12
MessageSujet:

Visiblement non pour l'instant. Peut être qu'ils le convieront plus tard! En tout cas j'aimerai bien. (cela dit il est occupé le bougre.)

Dans tous les cas j'ai hâte!

La belle bise

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email Adresse AIM MSN Messenger
  Paradoxal Dream
Modérateur
  Modérateur

A fait un don pour tDoE

24 Aôu 2010 17:2624 Aôu 2010 17:26
MessageSujet:

encore sur Twitter
Citation:
Nothing like Damnation either, something new and pretty experimental. Coming on nicely so some time in 2011 for sure.

et

Mike Portnoy a écrit:
Well unless something changes and they invite me later on, I'm currently not involved with this....
I'm just way too busy and wrapped up in A7X-land for a while anyways.....

Regardless, I'd still love to work with these guys (hopefully in a metal vein) someday...so time will tell....

MP

Paradoxal Dream
Modérateur
  Modérateur

A fait un don pour tDoE

09 Sep 2010 16:2409 Sep 2010 16:24
MessageSujet:

Alors on peut ignorer mon post précédent maintenant icon_mrgreen.gif

Quoique Mikael a dit que jusqu'à présent il n'y a même pas de place pour un batteur avec ce qu'ils ont composé.

Dernière édition par Paradoxal Dream le 26 Mar 2011 17:34, édité 1 fois

Paradoxal Dream
Modérateur
  Modérateur

A fait un don pour tDoE

26 Mar 2011 17:3326 Mar 2011 17:33
MessageSujet:

L'album serait entièrement composé! Il reste de l'enregistrement à faire, Wilson parle donc d'une sortie début 2012.

Steven Wilson a écrit:

It's nice to know that what [Mikael and I] always suspected was that when we actually got together [and began collaborating on songs], it was gonna be quite easy. It was also in the back of your mind, thinking, 'Maybe it won't work.' Maybe it [was] just built up so much [in my head before we started writing material], and it was so easy. So easy. And the music was so crazy and so inspiring to both of us. So I think that was good to feel, like, 'It's gonna work.'

[...]

The funny thing is that the music we're making together is actually nothing like either of us made before. Because I think we both had this idea of this kind of music that we knew we couldn't get our bands to play, but that we both kind of understood where we were coming from. 'Cause we have this kind of passion [for] very experimental, obscure records, almost orchestral in their scope. And we wanted to make a record like that for a long time.
It's a long way from metal and it's a long way from anything that, I think, Mikael has ever done, including the 'Damnation' record [from OPETH].
I think a lot of people thought, 'Oh, it's gonna be like 'Damnation'. It's not; it's a long way from that, too. And it's actually a long way from anything I've done; [it's] possibly closer to aspects of things I've done, but really quite distinct from anything I've ever [released]. [It's] very orchestral, lots of strings, lots of guitars and vocals, too. Lots of very long songs that kind of go in different directions that you don't necessarily expect them to go in — almost theatrical in a way. And we both kind of admitted to ourselves that there are a lot of fans out there that are probably gonna hate it. But we're doing it for us.

The one thing we didn't wanna do is get together and do a prog-metal supergroup, which would have been so easy to do — and kind of expected, in a way. And, you know, we might do that anyway one day. But this time around, we thought, 'Let's just do this [kind of] record.'

Some people will love it and some people will not, and that's OK, because, in a way, I don't think we wanted to just give what was expected, and we're certainly not doing that.

[...]

It's great, because in many respects, Mikael is the closest I know to someone who is... How do I put this? He's the equivalent of me in his band. He's like the captain of the ship and we kind of understand each other — all the frustrations of being in that position, all the stresses and pressures of being in that situation — so because of that, there's no ego thing at all — yet! [Laughs] But we're both kind of control freaks, in a way, so that's kind of a strange situation to be, where you're working with someone where you don't feel any of those issues and you have that complete trust. So we're just like... [I go], 'Here, you have the guitar. Do something amazing.' And he does. And then I'm like, 'Oh, I've got an idea for that,' and I do some keyboard thing. And he's like, 'That's amazing! I love that.' And so it's really... It sounds like we're kind of blowing each other the whole time... [Laughs] But it's just so much fun. And that's the important thing — I think it's fun. Because there's no ego and there's no pressure. Because people don't know what to expect.

We've kind of already resigned ourselves to the fact that we're gonna do something that people are gonna hate, anyway. I mean, I'm exaggerating... I'm sure a lot of people are gonna dig it. But people are gonna be surprised by it.

We're not giving people what they expect, so there's little pressure, really — there's very little pressure. It's just literally swapping instruments and I'm kind of recording it on my own system.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155866

Je suis réellement excité pour cet album!!
Un album sombre, tortueux et orchestral composé par deux demi-dieux et qui aura vraisemblablement droit au traitement blu-ray 5.1 (pure spéculation mais connaissant Wilson c'est plus que probable (Et puis ça sera une bonne école pour Mikael, peut-être qu'on aura droit à des mix 5.1 d'Opeth qui se tiennent dans le futur..))
Moi j'en suis!

lejoker
Modérateur
  Modérateur
aka Bobo

Sujets: 145

A fait un don pour tDoE

26 Mar 2011 18:4326 Mar 2011 18:43
MessageSujet:

Je suis curieux d'entendre ce que ça donnera moi aussi ! Même si je dirais plutôt d'anciens demi-dieux... J'aurais préféré qu'ils fassent ça vers les années 2000 icon_smile.gif

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
  AceOfShades
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Right Where It Belongs

Sujets: 88

A fait un don pour tDoE

26 Mar 2011 19:1926 Mar 2011 19:19
MessageSujet:

J'ai hâte de voir ce que ça va donner et si on va pouvoir voir une certaine influence de Comus!

DRUIM
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
n'oublies pas d'oublier

Sujets: 25

A fait un don pour tDoE

27 Mar 2011 13:5727 Mar 2011 13:57
MessageSujet:

je vous suis dans l'impatience que cet opus semble générer...

Paradoxal Dream
Modérateur
  Modérateur

A fait un don pour tDoE

03 Oct 2011 22:1603 Oct 2011 22:16
MessageSujet:

soli a écrit:
Le projet commun à Mikael Åkerfeldt et Steven Wilson, nommé Storm Corrosion, sortira en avril 2012.

le thread existait déjà icon_wink.gif

Paradoxal Dream
Modérateur
  Modérateur

A fait un don pour tDoE

10 Mar 2012 01:4710 Mar 2012 01:47
MessageSujet:

http://cdn.wmgecom.com/production/media/catalog/product/cache/142/image/460x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/c/sc_marketingmini_1.jpg

La sortie est repoussée au 8 mai..
Mais les pré-commandes ont débuté!!

Collector’s Edition Double LP Set & Special Edition Blu-Ray/CD Bundle
- 180 gram black virgin vinyl, in a gatefold jacket with exclusive artwork
- digital download of the entire album in high quality FLAC files
- Blu-Ray/CD version of the record, which offers the album on CD; a Blu-Ray disc containing a 5.1 audio mix of the entire album, two exclusive demo tracks, and five instrumental tracks
- 24" x 36" fold-out poster and a separate 12" x 12" poster autographed by both Mikael Ã…kerfeldt and Steven Wilson.
http://merch.roadrunnerrecords.com/storm-corrosion-collector-s-edition-double-lp-set-special-edition-blu-ray-cd-bundle.html
(Par ici pour les Européens)

sculler
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
a monkey on a bike

Sujets: 220

A fait un don pour tDoE

18 Mar 2012 21:3618 Mar 2012 21:36
MessageSujet:

la version CD/BR sur play.com
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/30289084/Storm-Corrosion/Product.html?searchstring=storm+corrosion&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

http://www.anasazi-prog.com/images/banniere.jpg

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
  Gab_N_Rose

Sujets: 4

24 Avr 2012 18:0024 Avr 2012 18:00
MessageSujet:

Le premier morceau de l'album à venir !!!

Lien

< < Storm Corrosion [Steven Wilson & Mikael Ã…kerfeldt] Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante

« Queensrÿche Voir le sujet précédent
Phideaux » Voir le sujet suivant

Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure