Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
a monkey on a bike

Sujets: 220

A fait un don pour tDoE

30 Oct 2010 20:1130 Oct 2010 20:11
MessageSujet:

Répondre en citant Revenir en haut

il apprend chaque jour le poids de sa connerie le MP ! il va en chier je vous le dis !!!!

http://www.anasazi-prog.com/images/banniere.jpg

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
  Rigor Mortis
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Toi aussi, adhère au culte de moi

Sujets: 135

A fait un don pour tDoE

31 Oct 2010 09:2831 Oct 2010 09:28
MessageSujet:

cela en devient franchement ridicule

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email MSN Messenger
  keiser_sushi
The Miracle
  The Miracle

Sujets: 5

31 Oct 2010 21:1031 Oct 2010 21:10
MessageSujet:

et si en plus l'album de DT à venir tient la route, il va en baver...

surtout s'ils font un metropolis part 3 ou ACOS 2...

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
  lejoker
Modérateur
  Modérateur
aka Bobo

Sujets: 145

A fait un don pour tDoE

12 Nov 2010 17:0112 Nov 2010 17:01
MessageSujet:

Citation:
The new issue of Classic Rock presents Prog has a cover story and exclusive interviews with all of DT and MP.

Classic Rock / Prog Magazine has given us the green light to post MP's exclusive interview in the most recent issue here at MP.com.

------------------------------------
PROG:
Were you expecting the guys in the band to agree with you that dt.gif needed an extended break?

MP:
Well, I knew my proposal would be met with some shock and hesitation...but I honestly hoped the guys would see my need for a break or a hiatus and respect it.

Its not the most insane request in the history of rock....MANY bands have done it, only to return bigger and stronger than before. Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine, Janes Addiction, Faith No More, Alice In Chains, Megadeth, Phish, etc etc...even Rush, Genesis, Pink Floyd have all taken extended breaks in order to keep the band together....

-----------------------------
PROG:
Were you shocked and upset that they ultimately decided to go on without
you?

MP:
I'd be lying if I didn't say I am devistated they chose to continue without me rather than take a break. After me giving my heart & soul, blood, sweat & tears to them and the band for 25 years, I hoped they'd value me and our relationship enough to respect my need for us to take a little break. I am truly heartbroken over their decision.

I suppose it also kills me that in the past the guys NEVER would question or ever debate my direction within the band. They always let me call the shots and always trusted my vision and guidance. And NOW, with such a huge and personal conflict...they disagreed with me for the first time...on the biggest decision of them all.

DT is my baby and I NEVER wanted to abandon my child. I only felt the parents needed a little breather to help save the marriage.

The big irony here is that I wanted a break to help mend and strengthen our relations and ultimately bring us closer together....and now by them chosing to move on without me it is ultimately going to seriously damage our relationship....as well as the DT legacy I spent so long building and protecting.

-----------------------------
PROG:
Apart from wanting a break from the DT routine and the guys in the band,
was there any part of the music that you needed to escape from? (eg Were you
happy with the musical direction of the last two albums or had it become
stale for you? Had this become a "day job" and you were worried you might
just be going through the motions?)

MP:
Honestly, it had nothing to do with the music itself or the musical chemistry within the band. I was always very inspired when writing and recording together and am as proud of our last few albums as anything else in the catalog...

It really was more of the behind the scenes, personal relationships within the band.

Yes, on the surface it may seem that life was great and full steam ahead for DT...things like playing Download and Wembley, the recent Maiden tour in the US, top 10 entry on Billboard were all nice feathers in the cap...but beneath the surface, there was a lot of friction and burn-out.

I mean, we have one band member that would literally not even sit in the same room with the rest of us for years now and we'd only see him on stage or at meet and greets...and then other members just doing a lot of complaining about the day to day stuff...to me, these are obvious signs of wear and tear and a need for a break from each other in order to recharge the batteries and reignite the flame...

On the opposite hand, I would go out on tour with Transatlantic or Avenged Sevenfold and all of the band members are hanging out, eating meals together and enjoying each other's company. I think DT really needed a bit of a break to rejuvinate our relationships.

Of course, now in the wake of this split the 4 guys HAVE to pull together to keep the band together, so I'm sure they will surely look at these issues and change them. I'm just saddened that they wouldn't wait for me to do it.

----------------------------
PROG:
Do you regret your decision?

MP:
Well, I absolutely HATE the outcome and the situation I was put into to have to make it. But I could not honestly return to the band to make an album in January without feeling resentment and being uncomfortable that I was forced into doing something I wasn't ready to do.

I have chosen the harder more challenging road rather than the safer, easier road. But my heart has never steered me wrong...I've always followed it and only done things that I knew would make me happy.

At the moment, I am very happy playing with Avenged Sevenfold...and I do not want to stop doing something I am happy doing to go do something I'm not very happy doing. I cannot do something with my life and career because I "have" to, I need to "want" to do it.

For 25 years now, I have made decisions for dt.gif and our fans...for once in my life, I needed to make a decision for Mike Portnoy....

sculler
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
a monkey on a bike

A fait un don pour tDoE

12 Nov 2010 17:0812 Nov 2010 17:08
MessageSujet:

Citation:
I mean, we have one band member that would literally not even sit in the same room with the rest of us for years now and we'd only see him on stage or at meet and greets...

James ? ou John M ?

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
  Flash
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Essayeur de fiat Panda et de short en Jean

Sujets: 19

A fait un don pour tDoE

12 Nov 2010 17:1112 Nov 2010 17:11
MessageSujet:

lejoker a écrit:
Citation:
I mean, we have one band member that would literally not even sit in the same room with the rest of us for years now and we'd only see him on stage or at meet and greets...and then other members just doing a lot of complaining about the day to day stuff...to me, these are obvious signs of wear and tear and a need for a break from each other in order to recharge the batteries and reignite the flame...

D'après vous c'est qui le "rebel" ? Myung ou Labrie ?

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  Arnooobooosist
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
la bise

Sujets: 32

A fait un don pour tDoE

12 Nov 2010 18:2612 Nov 2010 18:26
MessageSujet:

Je suppose que c'est Labrie. Myung, il doit au moins être en studio avec les autres icon_smile.gif

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email Adresse AIM MSN Messenger
  lejoker
Modérateur
  Modérateur
aka Bobo

A fait un don pour tDoE

12 Nov 2010 18:2812 Nov 2010 18:28
MessageSujet:

Je penche plutôt pour Myung, LaBrie a l'air de bien aimer déconner et je le vois pas faire bande à part en tournée...

Khrees
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Ex bestiau au bouquetin

Sujets: 91

A fait un don pour tDoE

12 Nov 2010 18:5712 Nov 2010 18:57
MessageSujet:

Quelqu'un peut-il penser à moi svp ? icon_sad.gif

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email MSN Messenger
  Kikeo
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Fisherman

Sujets: 129

A fait un don pour tDoE

13 Nov 2010 14:4713 Nov 2010 14:47
MessageSujet:

c'est très long à traduire, mais en résumé, MP a toujours tout fait pour DT et maintenant ils refusent pour la 1ere fois de faire ce qu'il dit (faire une pause) et il est super vexé.
Pour ce qui est des raisons de sa volonté de faire un break, il dit que même si ils ont eu d'excellents moments ces derniers temps (download festival, wembley,...), dans les coulisses ca devenait trop tendu et là il balance que 1 membre du groupe s'isole et n'est là que pour les rencontres avec les fans (je penche 100% pour JLB car on ne le voit quasiment jamais sur les vidéos en coulisse) et que les autres membres se plaignent constament de tout.

En gros, tout ce que fait, pense, dit MP est super et les autres sont des merdes capricieuses.
MP est une vraie pute qui a toujours refusé et refusera toujours de se remettre en question et franchement, à qui la faute si il y a des tensions ? Qui a décidé que JLB ne devait pas participer aux compos ? qui a décidé que les textes et musiques de JM étaient trop compliqués pour DT (c'est quand même un comble pour un groupe de prog...)

Khrees
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Ex bestiau au bouquetin

A fait un don pour tDoE

13 Nov 2010 19:4213 Nov 2010 19:42
MessageSujet:

Merci pour la traduc. Pour ce qui est de leurs histoires en interne, personne n'en saura jamais rien. Ils disent que ce qu'ils veulent bien qu'on sache. Dans un groupe on ne dit pas tout à la presse, il faut savoir réserve garder. Toutes les vérités ne sont pas forcément bonnes à dire.

Kikeo
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Fisherman

Sujets: 129

A fait un don pour tDoE

13 Nov 2010 21:0513 Nov 2010 21:05
MessageSujet:

je pense aussi et balancer comme ca sur les autres sans se remettre en cause c'est pas très sympa et ca fait ado en crise.
sinon il dit aussi qu'il a bien plus de plaisir à jouer avec Transat ou A7X qu'avec DT...

sculler
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
a monkey on a bike

A fait un don pour tDoE

02 Jan 2011 13:4202 Jan 2011 13:42
MessageSujet:

Interview de James Labrie

on apprend pas grand chose, interview très chiante et juste que le batteur est ready mais que l'annonce sera faite uniquement quand le management donnera l'aval !!
un conseil ne perdez pas de temps en l'écoutant icon_wink.gif

lejoker
Modérateur
  Modérateur
aka Bobo

A fait un don pour tDoE

12 Mai 2011 02:5712 Mai 2011 02:57
MessageSujet:

Excellente interview de Petrucci et Rudess à propos du départ de Portnoy et de l'arrivée de Mangini

Khrees
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Ex bestiau au bouquetin

A fait un don pour tDoE

12 Mai 2011 13:3312 Mai 2011 13:33
MessageSujet:

Une pitite traduction, juste une synthèse mais en gros ça dit quoi ? Merci icon_wink.gif

< < [Centralisation] Articles - Interviews - Chroniques Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Suivante

« [DVD] Chaos In Motion 2007/2008 Voir le sujet précédent
[Débat album] Images And Words » Voir le sujet suivant

Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure