Modérateur
  Modérateur
LEGEN - wait for it - DARY

Sujets: 298

A fait un don pour tDoE

02 Avr 2012 03:4102 Avr 2012 03:41
MessageSujet: I Mother Earth

Répondre en citant Revenir en haut

Après The Tea Party voici une autre légende canadienne des années 90 qui ressuscite!
IME est de retour après 8 ans d'absence!!

http://soundcloud.com/imotherearth/we-got-the-love
J'attend toujours l'integration de soundcloud pince hehe

Citation:
We in the band have come to a basic understanding that we will probably never make any money from writing and recording music again… We have absolutely zero expectations of that ever happening. (I honestly don’t ever recall any fat payouts in the past for going platinum many times over so the bar has been set really low!). You would think it natural for us to be bitter and angry about that fact, but surprisingly, we aren’t.

Releasing this song has given us an opportunity to share some new concepts with regards to the relationship between band and fan, and given us some new things to believe in.

The idea that is constantly put forth in the media and in the industry is that music fans everywhere are all thieves out to destroy all that is good and sacred with the music business. People who do hunt out good music and promote artists simply through word of mouth are lumped in and labelled alongside massive pirating sites and we think this is absolutely unfair. Our very public relationship with you now has an opportunity to show others that when fans have something to believe in and when they feel informed and involved, good things can happen.

So we are releasing this new track with a few simple ideas that I think you will all understand.

1) if you can afford the song, please buy it… If you honestly can’t, steal it from somewhere but take on the noble mission of recruiting new people to join us all in this new adventure.

2) if you do have to steal it, let’s call it something nicer like “borrowingâ€, and hopefully you’ll be in a better spot financially or otherwise to buy the next, or perhaps buy a ticket to a show, or call the local radio station to play it. Support=currency to us in a way, and we will gladly trade you straight up!

3) As we no longer look at really trying to make a living from this, all that we ask is to be acknowledged for the work we put into it and hopefully make enough to get the next one made. No more, no less. We aren’t looking to get wealthy from releasing songs or even care all that much about that kind of stuff, we’re definitely over it! We just really want to prove to a lot of people that being honest with fans can work, and that a band like us can continue to make music and be relevant given the right circumstances. The commerce side of things for us just has to be based in honesty and a belief that our music actually matters enough to a handful of people, allowing us to make more for all. The $$ becomes secondary and actually insignificant. For us, it’s all about integrity and principle, period.

http://imotherearth.ca/openmouth/
http://imotherearth.ca/store/

Pour ceux qui ne connaissent pas, je vous conseille fortement l'album Blue Green Orange

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email MSN Messenger
  AceOfShades
Posting Into Infinity
  Posting Into Infinity
Right Where It Belongs

Sujets: 88

A fait un don pour tDoE

02 Avr 2012 16:2202 Avr 2012 16:22
MessageSujet:

Répondre en citant Revenir en haut

Fuck yeah! Je vais écouter ça tout de suite. Et après je me tappe un Summertime In The Void!

Maintenant il ne reste que Moist à revenir des cendres et on est au summum de la musique canadienne des années 90

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email MSN Messenger

< < I Mother Earth

« Comus Voir le sujet précédent
Fiona Apple » Voir le sujet suivant

Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure